Testing Round 5 | Omnia 100W + Omnia 61W

Congrats to the newly selected testers. I’m looking forward to reading some good reviews on the chargers.

2 Likes

Congrats to all the selected testers! Looking forward to seeing your reviews

2 Likes

Congrats all, look forward to some solid reviews. Hope you enjoy your new toys!

2 Likes

Thank you! @Dane_AUKEY @Simon_AUKEY and the Aukey Community :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks for the pick, and congratulations to the others selected - excited to see how this works with my system!

4 Likes

Thank you so much @Dane_AUKEY and @Simon_AUKEY Can’t wait to test the new charger out. Proud to be part of the Aukey Community.

1 Like

Congratulations to selected testers :+1:

Thank you @Dane_AUKEY for going through the application and all the hardwork!

3 Likes

My pleasure! Looking forward to more reviews :slight_smile:

2 Likes

genuinely surprised to have been picked. I am just a normal person and this will be only my second time ever getting a product for review. Very excited! Thanks Aukey

6 Likes

It’s a community for regular people so everyone has got same chance as long as they follow the application procedure :grinning:
Congrats on getting selected to do testing :+1:

1 Like

Congrats! That’s what is great about this type of testing. You get to hear real world reviews, from people who may not do this for a living. It’s almost better than a professional tech review in ways.

2 Likes

Just added some new cables to the Aukey collection to use with the Omnia charger. Can’t wait to do the review!!:grin:

2 Likes

My pleasure!

My friends @JSH1973 & @Wcavaliere88 said it right, normal people, normal views. Everyone is welcome to try and let the wider community know their thoughts.

We try to get a wide range of people doing reviews, from people that blog, vlog, write reviews here, on amazon etc. We have no specific requirements, except that we want to see a wide range of ideas and testing done, to get as much real world use out of as possible :smiley:

Look forward to the review!

3 Likes

Perfect! Great timing for the testing :smiley:

1 Like

Wow thank you @Dane_AUKEY! sorry I’ve been off the page for a week and just noticed this now. Hopefully I wasn’t supposed to do anything since the announcement of those who got picked. I’ll be watching for the PM. thanks again!

2 Likes

@Dane_AUKEY just was reading the description again and noticed that the 100w charger has a note that it does not support 45w fast charging on the Galaxy Note 10+, does the 61w charger support this? Any technical reason why this is the case? Just curious if Samsung is doing something proprietary on their end with their charger.

I can help you understand this. To avoid compatibility issues our previous PPS-enabled models have, our new models all come without PPS which is the key to Samsung’s 45W SuperFast charging.

2 Likes

@Simon_AUKEY Thank you, after I posted I did some research and learned that you need to have PPS support to charge above 15w on a Note 10+. I see that previous model Aukey chargers did support PPS such as this one: https://shop.aukey.com/products/60w-dual-port-pd-charger-with-dynamic-detect. Is it then correct to say using either of these newer Omnia chargers will be limited to 15w charging on a Note 10+? What compatibility issues did supporting PPS cause on the prior models? Is the Note 10+ the only device currently that requires PPS for charging above 15w?

Yes, it’ll be limited to 15W on charging Galaxy Note 10+/S20. And some 2017 and earlier laptops cannot be charged smoothly using our prior PPS chargers.

To be honest, you’re not really missing out on much not having 45w charging for the Note 10 plus, I have the same phone and have Samsungs 45w PPS charger and also the Elecjet PowerPie 45w PPS powerbank and they only really make a difference over the 25W charger from 0-65% and even at that it is not by much, save your money and stick with the 25w charger for your Note 10 plus for now

2 Likes