Sprint Go Mini (PB-Y36) Review - My Go-To Everyday Carry Mini Power Bank

To preface this review, I own many power banks in varying shapes, sizes and capacities. This review is less technical and more about how this particular power bank suits my needs.

What’s crucial for me for in choosing which power bank to carry with me is dependent on

• the device(s) I plan on bringing with me
  • the amount of time I’ll be out on an excursion
  • the amount of space I have to carry my gear such as via backpack, sling bag, fanny pack, pockets, etc.

For instance, if I plan on gaming on the go with my Nintendo Switch, I’ll opt to bring a larger backpack along with a high capacity power bank.

For my typical everyday carry setup, however, a compact, lower capacity power bank makes more sense as I typically will be carrying only my iPhone 11. Additionally, I would likely only have my pant pockets or a small sling bag in terms of space.

With all that said, my iPhone 11 already provides amazing battery life to get me through more than a day. I can typically run the battery from 100% to 0% over the span of 24 hours with heavier usage on such as on weekends. On weekdays with lighter usage, a battery full cycle can last me around 40 hours.

In all honesty, I don’t have to carry a power bank with me on a daily basis, but I prefer having one on me just in case.

This leads me to the Aukey Sprint Go Mini (PB-Y36).

• This power bank offers 18W Power Delivery and Quick Charge 3.0 to ensure that my electronic devices don’t have to be tethered for very long at all.
  • The 05 x 50 x 25mm / 4.13” x 1.97” x 0.98” dimensions take up very little space making it very easy to carry

While testing the device, it took me about 2:20 hours to charge the device using an 18W USB-C charger. This was considerably faster than the 3:00 hours that Aukey advertises so I’ll have to monitor this in the future just to be sure.

From my first attempt, I was only able to charge my iPhone 11 1.57 times whereas Aukey advertises iPhone 11 Pro can be charged approximately 2.6 times.

After testing how many charges I could get on my iPhone 11, I tested how long my phone would last when tethered to the power bank. I managed to run my iPhone 11 for about 51 hours total just off the power bank alone until it hit 0%.

Again, my tests are probably far from a very technical, scientific approach for testing. With all that said, this power bank suits my needs perfectly due in part to it’s compact size and fast charging. I can easily carry it with me for peace of mind.

(Amazon review link is pending, however, I will comment here when it is available)

7 Likes

Great review :+1:
I’m definitely going to get one or two of these before travelling opens up again, the small size and 18w just makes it a perfect backup for a long day out sightseeing and taking loads of pictures and videos.

1 Like

Thanks for the review!

It’s nice to see a personal, less technical one which anyone can understand. Its great! :smiley:

2 Likes

Nice stuff. Thanks for sharing :hugs:

1 Like

Posting on Amazon is up: https://www.amazon.com/review/R2NGUVB15A56EF/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

1 Like

Nice review @jra716 one of the review pics is eye-catching :ok_hand:

3 Likes

It certainly is. Very interesting image!!

1 Like