Social Distancing

Social distancing is the new norm, with many of you staying indoors or keeping your self away from others.

What steps do you take to social distance, when you have to go out, be it to buy groceries or on your way to work - if you don’t work from home?

I personally find it hard to keep the recommended 2m distance in supermarkets as the aisles can become very busy at times. Is this similar for you? :thinking:

1 Like

The 2 meters is more for if you spend any lenght of time with people, passing someone on the street or in the supermarket should be OK.
I keep my distance queuing up to get in to the shop if there’s a queue at all and inside, I only touch what I’m going to buy, I pay by card and first thing I do when I get home is to wash my hands.

1 Like

I’ve read that some security staff and police are being unfair to some people. I think some guy was skateboarding far away from crowds but got stopped by the police. And as you said Dane in shops it does get busy inside. You practically end up walking right next to people.

1 Like

Yeah. Its pretty bad when its so busy. I was in Lidl today, and they had people queuing outside to get in. One in one out policy - so that made things feel better. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Saw a video on social media, a person going on date, with complete plastic bubble around him :smiley: that is the true social distancing :rofl:

3 Likes

As long as you don’t need to use a metro/subway :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Haha - that’s hilarious! Nice share :clap:

2 Likes

When it comes to the grocery store I just wait till it’s a bit later in the evening if I don’t go right after the morning rush so far that has worked out well. There are only a few people in at those times. I drive to work solo so there isn’t a concern for being around people. This would be drastically different if I was back home in NY so I would have to get creative if I were…

2 Likes

That’s okay. I was in the grocery store yesterday - limiting it to 60 people at a time - one in, one out policy so that makes it okay. Really depends where you live and what store you visit I think :thinking:

1 Like