[RESOLVED] Getting AUKEY BR-C1 Microphone to work on Windows 10

Hello!!
Please help! I use my Aukey BR-C1 to connect to my PC bluetooth for audio into an amp/speaker setup. (If I 3.5mm line in to my PC from my amp, I get unbearable feedback, so this bluetooth device is a saviour and solves this problem.)

Everything Works fine for output, I just can’t get the microphone to work. This would be super to get working for use with Skype & Microsoft Teams. I have Aukey BR-C1 Hands free showing up in my microphone settings, and is selectable in both skype & teams but it just won’t pick up any sound!!
Tried all kinds of troubleshooting and I’m not getting anywhere. The mic 100% works as it’s all ok when I have my phone connected.

Any thoughts/help greatly appreciated. Thanks and stay safe!

Hi @the_hostage

Thanks for contacting us here in the Community.

First off - check out the manual here as it may help just to troubleshoot some basic issues.

Secondly, i’ve let our Customer support know @Kelly_AUKEY so she can see what else can be done :slight_smile:

Thanks @Dane_AUKEY

The issue runs deeper than the manual - it’s not an aukey problem. I’ve been troubleshooting for the past few hours - it’s an issue with microsofts drivers, which apparently is common with bluetooth microphones. I went through this microsoft forum post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/bluetooth-headset-connects-but-microphone-wont/f6fe9822-c67c-4c2b-9609-3380db5e4645?page=2

For me, switching off the ‘Handsfree Telephony’ on the bluetooth services properties, then switching it back on again got the microphone going!

Thanks for your help though!

1 Like

Oh right, well it seems that you’ve sorted the problem - which is good to hear! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the solution :+1:
And welcome to the forum :pray:

2 Likes