Omnia Duo - 65W Dual Port PD Charger

Yes I am sure they will - just unsure of the release. I was previously told it would be August :slight_smile:

The European Omnia Duo is now available from Amazon:

Let’s hope the PA-B6 and PA-B7 are soon to follow.

1 Like

PA-B6 is delayed for all markets - hopefully it’ll be available next month :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing @Convel

Thanks for the update, @Dane_AUKEY! :slightly_smiling_face:

Unfortunately, the ordering process isn’t ideal for those of us who reside outside of the EU. The Aukey Amazon stores for Germany and Spain do not offer international shipping, while the ones for France and Italy do. The problem is that VAT, the European equivalent of a sales tax, is not handled properly:

I contacted both the French and Italian store regarding the issue and recieved two different replies. The French store offered to refund the 20% VAT after I made the purchase. That’s a solution, but there is the slight issue that the desination country’s VAT would still be calculated based on the VAT-inclusive price, thus ending up inflated.

The Italian store stated that the Amazon platform directly handles VAT deduction, so it’s out of their hands and needs to be brought to Amazon customer service’s attention instead. I proceeded to contact customer service twice, but only recieved automated responses that didn’t answer my enquiry. I’m none the wiser as to why VAT is charged twice, but as you can see from the Anker comparison, the issue is store-specific.

Hmmm…I’m surprised you got 2 different answers. Quite strange.

But it certainly is clear with the Anker example you gave. I’ve shared this issue with the Amazon sales team directly to see if we can get a solution. :pray:

2 Likes

Thank you for getting in touch with the Amazon sales team! :smiley: Did they write back?

I was told that they had emailed you. Please check :slight_smile:

Hmm, they must be referring to the two emails I mentioned previously which seemed automated as they only contained general information about import fees rather than answering my enquiry, asking if anything could be done about VAT being erroneously charged twice. I haven’t recieved any new emails from Amazon since the 19th and 18th of July. Here are quotes from the main parts of both emails:

“I would like to confirm you that Items sold by Amazon and shipped to addresses outside the European Union are generally not subject to EU VAT. For intercontinental shipments, additional customs fees may apply which will be fully your responsibility.”

“I can confirm that orders that are dispatched to countries outside the European Union may be subject to import taxes, VAT, customs duties, etc. (import fees) charged by the destination country.”

As you can see, neither of them offer a solution to, or acknowledge, the store-specific lack of deduction of Italy’s 22% VAT. The destination country charging VAT and other import fees is all good, but the store isn’t supposed to charge VAT on behalf of Italy in addition. I was hoping they’d be able to fix how sales of goods from Aukey to people outside of the EU is handled, similar to how Anker and other stores do it, which would benefit more people than just me.

Absolutely. I do agree!

I have shared this with the support team but it’s out of my control what happens in EU sales. I can do my best to get people to respond but not much more I’m afraid :frowning:

1 Like

Thank you for your effort, Dane! I understand that you don’t oversee European sales and that there’s only so much you can do about it. Maybe if future customers also contact Amazon’s sales team, the issue eventually gets resolved. In the meantime, ordering through Amazon FR and then requesting a VAT refund should be a viable option. I still look forward to making an Aukey Omnia my sole travel charger companion! :wink:

I do what I can to help! Glad that for now, you’ve atleast found a solution! :clap: