EP-T25 Not Working with Windows 10

I just purchased the EP-T25 true wireless headphones and they seem to work on my phone but I bought them to use on my Windows 10 PC and I cannot for the life of me get them to work.

The buds connect but sometimes connect as just headphones and sometimes as headphones and headset (which I want for video chatting). However, even when they connect, the audio doesn’t work and neither does the mic. It worked one time but only barely.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the buds 4 times. I also made sure they were the default audio and communication devices in the settings. Lastly, I made sure that the Bluetooth drivers are all updated. All other Bluetooth headsets work but these just don’t. I’m pretty sure it’s a hardware/driver issue because my computer freezes on any settings change for just these buds and no other Bluetooth device.

Any fixes for this? I only bought them for work and video calls so I really need them to work.

1 Like

Hi @naandrade

I recommend that you get in touch with our support team - support@aukey.com

I did reach out to the support team. I am hoping for a good solution because they worked well on my phone and would love to have a back pair for that but definitely need these to work on Windows. Thanks.

I decided to test something and use an older Bluetooth adapter that was not Bluetooth 5.0 and it worked a little bit. Don’t know the difference since all my other headsets worked. Audio worked but the headset settings did not work. It would give a loud noise that would not stop until I put them back in the case. Even when they did work, the microphone was HORRIBLE when used. It sounded so muffled you couldn’t understand what you were saying. I even thought it might be because they were so close to my face when it BUT I test them each individually and together right in front of my mouth and you still couldn’t understand what you were saying. I am right on the verge of returning them unless support can give me a solution that is not just to return them for a replacement. Something is definitely wrong with the software on these.

Hi @naandrade

It doesn’t sound norrmal for sure - very pecuilar.

I would wait and see what support says, and if not satisfactory, then maybe ask for a replacement or a refund. :frowning:

Having the same problem here as OP - @naandrade

Please keep us updated

I’ll be contacting their support team as well to let them know another person is experiencing the same problem

I’m having the same issue here. Look forward to some sort of solution. Unfortunately I cannot use it on conference calls as it causes apps to freeze up.

You sell something which you do not know if it works, it is not possible that all the people in this post:

Have the same problems that I, that I and many more, it is impossible that you do not know that they are not going well and now you pretend it was the pc’s fault, I demand a good explanation and if you are going to solve it. Thank you very much.

I’m beginning to think that this might be a Bluetooth 5 issue.

I checked and noticed that my Windows 10 laptop only supports up to Bluetooth 4.2.

The fact I am having problems with this set would make sense as I have older Aukey Bluetooth 4 headphones that work just fine with the laptop.

But my 2 sets of Bluetooth 5 headphones do not work with my laptop.

That’s the only explanation I’ve got for this so far.

Currently, EP-T25 is not compatible with WIN10 system for calls, only listening to music.
@eho @russ