EP-T21 - Touch Control Issues

Love my new EP-T21’s however the touch controls are very hit or miss, most times when i press the earbud it doesnt respond to the command, what could i be doing wrong?

2 Likes

welcome to the forum gazkane🙏

I don’t have the T21’s myself so can’t comment on those specifically, please take my comments/opinions as generally.
I do find that touch controls on earphones takes a bit of practice to get right and even then it is not a 100% success rate, also same as with the likes of fingerprint scanners they can be sensitive to either to dry skin or to wet, or even ambient temperature.
My guess is that it is a trade off against to many false touches which would be really annoying too.
Maybe try to first fully charge them and do a factory reset on them and see if it improves.

4 Likes

I have the T21s and have not really had much issue with the touch actions. Make sure you are touching the right spot, I’ve done that a few times.

Also as mentioned in the previous post it could be your hands are dry or wet.

2 Likes

Hi @gazkane

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing issues. Our CS team member, @Kelly_AUKEY will get back to you with a response.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, I have tried with dry hands, many many times, the left earbud sometimes works, the right earbud hardly ever works, ive tried when inside and when outside and ive been touching the top rounded part of the earbud in several different locations. Quite frustrating as the rest of the product is brilliant.

Thanks for the replies so far. I appreciated it.

2 Likes

Did you see if there’s a way of doing a reset on them?
Hopefully support will be able to help you if you can’t reset them.

1 Like

I had a read through the manual and it does not say anything about resetting them so I don’t know if it is possible, sorry :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

I cant see anything either.

1 Like

I will suggest you wait on response from @Kelly_AUKEY or may be drop a note to support@aukey.com and be patient :innocent:

2 Likes

Hi @gazkane

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue. From the details that you’ve provided, I suggest that you delete/unpair the pairing record on your devices, after that try to reset it. Then you’d better try another device. If resetting doesn’t help, please run the power down of your headphones, and then recharge it and try again.

Please contact this email if it still doesn’t work: support@aukey.com. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Kelly_Aukey

When you say “after that try to reset it” - how do i reset them, or do you mean re-pair them with the device?

Thanks for your help so far.

To clear the pairing list, take the buds out of the case and then tap and hold the touch sensitive button on both buds for minimum 10 seconds.
Also clear them from the phone and other sources they have been connected before starting over.
Hopefully that will sort it,.

1 Like

Problem is the touch control not working on the right hand side bud. Ill try though.

1 Like

Sorry I missed that part, maybe try and fully charge them first.
I only got my T21’s the other day and the touch controls do take a little getting used to.

Well, here’s how to reset or delete the pairing history of EP-T21. Take the buds out of the case, and then press and hold the touch-sensitive area of both buds for 10 seconds until the red and green LEDs flash 3 times simultaneously. Place them back to the case and take them out again to pair with your device.
If unfortunately that still doesn’t work, please contact suppot@aukey.com for a replacement.

1 Like