EP-T10 no sound after certain period of time during calls

I have been experiencing sudden silence during calls (even on fully charged earbuds) using Microsoft Teams and Google Meet on Windows 10 version 1909. The duration to duplicate the issue is inconsistent, it could take from 5 mins to 15 mins before experiencing total silence. I regained the sound after switching the audio to PC speaker and switch back on to EP-T10 again. However, I have not experiencing this total silence if I am just purely listening to music from fully charged to fully drained; it oddly happens during calls only.

Kindly advise the troubleshooting to determine if my unit is defective. Thanks!

Have you experienced the same on regular phone calls using the T10’s ?
I can’t say for sure of course but it would not surprise me one bit if that is a Windows problem.

Hi @patangkia

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue.

@Kelly_AUKEY can advise what to do :pray:

I have not tried that yet, let me try that and post my findings here.

Update: I have tried using it for normal calls thru mobile and no silence is observed. I have tried using MS Teams on my mobile OnePlus 8 Pro and the same silence happened again in 5 mins. Doesn’t seems like it’s OS problem.

@Kelly_AUKEY, could you help me out on the issue that I am facing?

Hi, I have the same issue too. Is there any solution provided?

Hi guys. There’s a few threads on this, but our CS team will have directly messaged you via PM or email.

Please check :slight_smile:

Please contact our service team - support@aukey.com. We can help offer a replacement if the product is faulty. :pray:

@Tean if you’re experiencing the same issue, please do too.