Engineering Hack for EP-B40 Magnetic Wireless Ear Buds

Probably not the 1st, but I’ve experienced an issue with the charging flap, getting it to stay closed after several charges. But I love the EP-B40s and wanted a way to overcome the “open flap”. This isn’t hi-tech nor very pretty, but effective. LOCTITE makes a handy little product called “Fun-Tak”.
The Fun-Tak is scribed/divided into 1.5cm x 0.7cm squares - you’ll only use a tiny fraction of one square. Place the tiniest little amount of the Fun-Tak mounting tab on the open end of the rubber flap (not even enough to touch the micro tip end of the charge cable. (See pic#2). It will last use after use, and keep the flexible flap closed.

Time to go jogging! eMike DuBois
emike.dubois@gmail.com

2 Likes

A quick follow up to my note on keeping the EP-B40 charging flap closed … they would only allow me one image … soooo, here is the other - a pic of the LOCTITE Fun-Tak product I used.

Good luck! eMd

2 Likes

Happy Sunday and welcome to the forum eMike :pray:
Sometimes the simple solutions are the best.
Loctite for me though is something for nuts and bolts to make them never move again :grin:

1 Like

Hi Mike. Nice share and thanks for joining!
Love the ingenious idea here, could definitely solve the issue in a cheap and efficient way. :clap:

2 Likes

Me, too! Used it - both blue & red - but this stuff is a user friendly new LOCTITE product primarily intended for picture, poster, etc., hanging.

2 Likes