Earth Day 2020 - What Can We Do?

Today is Earth Day.

With countries and cities around the world seeing a reduced impact on the environment due to the global pandemic, it makes us think what we can all do to improve our local environment and push for a better tomorrow.

We at AUKEY, are striving to reduce energy waste in our wall chargers - a key reason why we’ve used GaN in our new ranges. We use minimalist packaging which can be recycled easily, further helping to reduce our carbon footprint.

We feel that we can all do better at protecting the environment, and continuing to see tangible benefits to the environment from the small steps we make, and the big ones too.

So, what can you do at home or at work, to help reduce your carbon footprint.

Here are some takehome images to inspire you…

(Source: itv.com)

(Source: dailymail.co.uk)

5 Likes

What can we do on World Earth Day :earth_africa:
Well how about buying a product that gets delivered in an environmentally friendly recyclable box… Get yourself an Aukey product TODAY and save the planet :earth_asia:
Now you have your excuse for buying a new gadget for yourself today :grin:

4 Likes

:laughing:

Too right!

1 Like

Completely agree, was nice to see the package when I got my first Aukey product. No waste, just enough to do the job. I understand what companies like to make flashy packages so it is visible on a shelf. When buying a product online you already selected it, simple eco friendly packaging is great. Amazon does this as well, I’ve gotten many Amazon Basic items that come the same way, or they just stick the shipping label directly to the box. I bought a new router a few months back and that’s what they did. Good for the environment, but also bad for theft when left at my door.

2 Likes

Unfortunate about the theft…hopefully the delivery people will do a better job there. But certainly I agree. Its a very different experience - inside a shop, packaging will attract the eye. Online, like you said, you’ve already bought it. The packaging will be used for all of 5 seconds…

1 Like

Yes, when you are getting an expensive item having it hidden in a generic box is a big plus.

And even a doorbell camera to watch the porch isn’t always enough. I live in the suburbs where it hasn’t been an issue, and there is almost always someone at home anyway (homeschooling kids ftw!), but if I didn’t Amazon locker would be tempting.

Or shipping to your office, if you can get away with that. Several people in our office do.

I do like that all of the aukey packaging can easily go in the recycling bin. Except that stupid amazon plastic wrap around it, those can only be recycled in specific collection spots - and the value in recycling it even if you take it there is very low (not energy efficient).

1 Like

Luckily I’ve never had anything stolen, but I know people have reported it in my area. I am in a suburb but still happens.

1 Like

Nice topic @Dane_AUKEY :+1:

We would be turning off lights and most of appliances for 2 hours today, save power which in turn reduces stress on environment (know it is minimal, negligible - but doing my part)

Covid-19 has already got a smile on mother nature’s face for past month or so with reduced pollution… usually every year this day I would minimize auto drive, this time will not be taking car out.

1 Like

Well i’m glad to hear at least it hasn’t happened to you. Let’s hope that doesn’t change :pray:

1 Like

Minimal yes, but if 1 billion people do it…soon makes a difference, even 1 million!

:clap:

2 Likes

Aukey contributes to the Environment by making environment friendly packaging for products… All the items i have tested / bought from Aukey so far have all cardboard / paper based items for packaging!

Minimum / zero usage of plastics for packaging. Cheers to Aukey :beers::beers::beers:

2 Likes

I reuse the packages that are delivered to me, to ship out stuff I may have.

Here in NYC, they’re trying to eliminate the use of plastic bags at stores and mandated with using reusable bags. I got a few that I take with me to the store, but now with the coronavirus…that mandate has been stopped for now.

2 Likes