Community Display Issues

I’m using Chrome for Android mobile and Community page doesn’t display properly at the top.

Replying from the phone is also an annoyance for me. Whenever I start typing I can’t see what I typed

Agreed, mobile friendly should be an upcoming improvement I hope

Aukey community is not optimized for mobile view - please address this

@Dane_AUKEY

I dont know if I would say displays wrong. Thinking the display font colors may need adjusting on my end anyway.

Thanks for all of your points made here guys, the site certainly is set-up to be mobile-optimized, but it seems theres still some adjustments that need to be made.

Bare with us during this launch phase, as all devices with different ratios can sometimes be displayed differently.

:pray:

2 Likes

So, after some fiddling - we’ve removed the social media links, and set the main banner links to the left, and added social links to the ‘hamburger’ area shown in the screenshot.

This now, displays clearly on my mobile. Would love some feedback from you guys to see if its better on your devices.

Thankssssssssss! :wave:

2 Likes

@Dane_AUKEY now that’s better. We (me) all follow you on social media. :+1:

1 Like

When I click on HOME above, a new page opens up on my phone. I don’t really need a new page and then have to delete the previous one. It’s an iPhone XR if that makes any difference.

1 Like

Thanks for this feedback - good point. We’ve updated it so now that it doesn’t open a new tab/page. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The biggest formatting issue I am seeing now is that when you reply to someone’s post, there isn’t a clear indication of what the original post was. I can see your responses but often times it is several posts below what you are responding to.

1 Like

If you want to make it clear for others, you can highlight the text you are replying to, and then hit the reply button. The highlighted text will automatically be put in a quote box, which can really help reading a long threaded conversation.

If looking at someone else’s response to a message further up the thread, there will be a link with the users name in the top right of the response. Click on that to pop open the original message being replied to.

2 Likes

I would really suggest users to start going through the tutorial and learn / understand the messaging on this community, by sending the message start tutorial to discobot and follow the steps / commands!

very helpful and gets you a certified badge, and you know how the messaging, formatting, quoting, inserting links, images and all works!!

Out of 473 users on the community only 52 are certified till now (including me)!

So all, go get yourself certified!!

2 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate the information.

If people with display problems added what device they are viewing on it might help the tech guys a little :slight_smile:

1 Like

As I do agree with what you are saying, there are also times where putting a link to, say a post someone wrote would also be beneficial, which isn’t covered in the tutorial. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It does not directly address it, but the tutorial does have info Sharing the link

Very true! I forgot about that part! :smile:

That’s a brilliant point. I shall set up a notification to ensure people go through the tutorials, so they’re up to speed with how to use the community.

Great suggestion and contribution!! :clap::clap:

2 Likes

I posted on another thread, but I think those that are working this forum in an official capacity need some kind of recognition display (moderator next to name, banner or user image border possibly). It would officially weed out those in charge from those that may not be in the know but still say something.

1 Like