Aukey Dashcam DR02 Issue - Factory Reset Everytime

I’ve purchased my Aukey dashcam DR02 (dual camera) with the motion sensor (OBDII cable) about a year and a half ago (July 2019). It was working perfectly until recently. Everytime I start up the car now, the camera will reset to factory. It asks me to set the time and date and all my settings I previous set the day before is also lost. It records fine once everything is setup again, but happens everytime I start up the car.

Anyone know what the issue is?

Thanks.

The internal battery is probably dead, that’s the battery that keeps the settings and time/date when the power is off. The problem is, the battery is soldered on and can’t be replaced, so nothing can be done as far as I know. My best advice would be contact support and hope for the best. If you could keep us updated on the outcome, I would really appreciate it.

That’s what I have been reading from other people’s experience as well.

I just sent an email to their support email as well. We’ll see how that goes.

I’ll keep you posted when they respond.

Thanks! I own the same dashcam so it’s probably only a matter of time before I run into the same issue. I purchased it back in october 2020.

Same setup? I going to isolate the issue and see if the ODBC cable is causing the issue. Going to route the power to the cigarette port via USB to see if the same thing happens.

No, I power it via the cigarette port (usb) only. Also I have only a single cam (front)