AUKEY CB-CMD38 USB-C Cable Review

AUKEY provided me with a couple of their new USB cables. Here’s my review of the CB-CMD38 USB-C cable. You can see the review for the other cable, a 3-in-1 USB, here.

Your basic USB-C to USB-C cable, but with right angle connectors on both ends. The cable’s specs are standard, supporting up to 60W power and 480Mbps data transfer. Braided nylon, using the thinner and more flexible type I’ve seen and liked in other AUKEY cables. The USB-C connectors are heavy duty to support the more stressful pull angles.

The right angle connector lets the cable run directly to the back of your desk if connected to a laptop. With a phone it is easier to hold and charge while watching videos or playing a game in horizontal orientation. My testing shows expected charging throughput, so there’s no performance loss verses a more standard USB-C cable.

2 Likes

Nice review @queuebitt , I have the USB-A to C of these cables, used daily :slight_smile:

I’m not sure how I feel about the right angle. Seems like it might actually get more in the way given the way I hold my phone.

It also means that unexpected yanks on the cable are less likely to pull the cable out of the plug, and more likely to pull the phone / laptop off of the table and on to the floor, or break the cable. Magnetic breakaway chargers is one innovation that I wish was becoming more common than it is.