Aukey 20000mAh Power Bank with USB-C & Lightning Input

Aukey 20000mAh Power Bank with USB-C & Lightning Input

Un-boxing:
Box came along with the Aukey PB-Y14 power bank, a user manual, warranty card and a USB-C to USB-C charging cable.

Power Bank Appearance and Aesthetics:

Power Bank has a flat slim brick profile, making it easy to hold. The feel and look has a matte finish, which keeps the power bank free of fingerprints. It almost barely compare to Samsung S8 in slimness

There are 3 regular USB-A outputs, 1 USB-C Port (output / input) and 1 Apple Lightning as input for charging on the base-bottom face of the Aukey Power Bank. 1 micro USB charging port is located at the side edge as in the picture.

On the side edge there is power button with 4 small LED Battery Level Indicator indicating the charge available (25%,50%, 75% and 100%)

Usage:

With initial usage, Power Bank came with charged 75%. As a best practice, I usually charge the Power Banks to 100% before using it. I used my Aukey USB-C Charger with USB-C to USB-C cable to charge the Aukey Power Bank fully, before first use.

The first USB Port 1 supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 and provides optimized faster charging. It has DC provided at rate of 5V–6V / 3A, 6V–9V / 2A and 9V–12V / 1.5A

The second and third provides charge of DC 5V 2.4A (maximum), these are good for low power requirement for charging bluetooth headsets.

USB-C port provides for Power Delivery 2.0, multi-voltage charging standard that dynamically negotiates power output over a USB Type-C connection to safely and efficiently, provides upto 3A for charging. Tested Fast charge for the Samsung S8 to 50% in approx 35 minutes. This port is rated to provide Output of maximum 18W - at DC 5V / 3A, 9V / 2A and 12V / 1.5A

The lightning Port for charging provides a versatile option to charge the Power bank using Apple iPhone charging cable, this is really helpful, reduce the number of cables used to carry for travel. Only need Aukey USB-C Charger , USB-C to Lightening Port Cable and Power Bank and can be used interchangeably!

Charging:

Have been charging my devices : iPhone 8, iPhone 6S, Apple iPad, Samsung S8, Bluetooth headset, Apple Airpods 2.

Tested Aukey Power bank, charging only 1 device at a time, and below are the charge times, with all the apps running in the background, so YMMV:

• Samsung S8 fully charged 4 times
  • iPhone 8 charged 5 times fully and half-charged (55%) once

I usually charge multiple devices at ones as I travel most of the time, and helps save on time. Have charged iPhones, S8/S9, iPads, connected / charging at the same time. While charging multiple devices, i got all these fully charged and the power bank still had 50% indicator battery life available, which is really good. In last 2 weeks, have fully charged the power bank about 4 times,

While trying to charge some of my Bluetooth headsets, connected to the USB-A ports, these did not register for charging. Fortunately, Aukey Power Bank supports low-current charging mode, to charge these devices which require less than 60mA for charging. To enable this mode, need to press and hold power button for 2 seconds, with the LED indicator nearest to the power button turning to WHITE while other LEDs remain GREEN. Power Bank has built-in intelligence to change to standard regular charging mode if low-current charging is enable for longer than 2 hours.

Conclusion:

Sleek Universal Power Bank with good design and high efficiency (charging more cycles than the recharging required for the power bank) for charging multiple devices such as smartphones and tablets as well as low current devices such as BT headsets. Slightly on higher side for the weight but this is balanced with the slim profile, optimum for travel.

5 Likes

Great review! I have one of these as well, I was surprised as well how slim it was. It’s much larger than my phone haha. I keep then handy whenever I travel, I also have the 10,000mah for when I have limited space. The PD charging is great for quick fill ups.

3 Likes

Nice review, good pictures, lots of power in that bank.

1 Like

Great review. I’ll have to pick up one of those - so many ports! :zap:

3 Likes

Great review, I really like that you got it tested on a number of different devices :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you @Wcavaliere88 @TahaEng @Dane_AUKEY @JSH1973 :blush:

1 Like

Stumbled across this deal for the UK - fantastic price for this! 57% OFF! :money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Great detailed review :+1:

2 Likes

I have one of these as well. I’ve used it on many vacations and work trips. The 20,000mAh capacity is more than enough to keep all of my devices (as well as my family’s devices) charged without the need to recharge. The fact that it can charge on ANY standard plug is amazing. It doesn’t matter if my wife needs to charge it with her iPhone cable, any standard micro USB, or my USB-C cables, it will take a charge and be ready to go for as long as I need it.

3 Likes

I’ll be glad to test anything related to powering Apple products; iPhone lighting power bank, charger, wireless earplugs, etc.

Thanks!

2 Likes

@cecilyc Welcome to Aukey community, good points for test cases!

1 Like

this is still my go-to PowerBank for all charging!

1 Like

@cecilyc

Welcome! Great to have you here.

Keep checking back here in the Let’s Get Testing!

We’ll have lots of those products ready to test :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would love to test Aukey 2000 mAh power bank with USB-C & lighting input.

1 Like

It’s a good product. We recently tested a powerbank, but will have more come available as we launch new products :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I like the fact this can be charged via lightning - not seen this before on a power bank
Nice review :+1:t2:

2 Likes

@richardjames It’s a really nice feature to have. It doesn’t charge nearly as fast as USB-C PD, but it still offers the ultimate combination of charging options.

2 Likes

Do you know the charge time via lightening ?

1 Like

Sorry, I’ve only charged it once using the lighting cable and I didn’t check the time. It was one of those times that we just checked into the hotel and I plugged it in and went out to dinner, not to need it until the morning.

2 Likes

Ok - thanks anyway

1 Like